Would You Rather (WYR) questions are a fun, entertaining game that has been played by people since early childhood. It’s an open-ended game that can produce some thought-provoking, interesting and sometimes silly conversations. While there are many suitable options for all ages, we are diving into the less appropriate, dirtier category of WYR questions. These questions explore more risqué topics and can make for a fun, outrageous and sometimes uncomfortable evening.
The Rules of the Game
When playing WYR, each player has to decide between two undesirable options. The person who posed the question gets to decide which option is better and the other person must then make their own selection. Whichever option the player picks, the person who posed the question has already deemed it unacceptable. This can make for a very interesting exchange of ideas.
Once the group has played several rounds, the person who poses the question should pick the option that the other player has responded with. This makes for a continuing conversation in which each player has to think back on their previous answer to decide the next one. It’s a great game to play at parties or just with a few friends over dinner.
Top 10 Dirty ‘Would You Rather?’ Questions
Going off of the traditional WYR game, here is our top 10 list of dirty published ‘Would You Rather’ questions:
- Would you rather get paid $1000 to kiss a pig or get paid $500 to shave your head?
- Would you rather cheat and never get caught or never cheat and get caught?
- Would you rather give someone else a foot massage or get a foot massage from someone else?
- Would you rather have sex with someone you don’t find attractive or have a threesome with two people you find unattractive?
- Would you rather have a tattoo that says “loser” on your forehead or one that says “idiot” on your butt?
- Would you rather date someone for 5 years and never kiss them or date someone for 1 month and kiss them on the first date?
- Would you rather have sex with one person for the rest of your life or have sex with many different people just once?
- Would you rather have a permanent erection or never reach climax?
- Would you rather have sex in public or never have sex again?
- Would you rather have erotic dreams every night or never dream at all?
Playing the Game
Once you have your list of questions prepared, it’s time to get started. Pick a player to go first and then the person poses the first question. The player then picks their option and the conversation begins. When it’s the other player’s turn to answer, they have to pick the option that their opponent has chosen.
After a few rounds, the game will start to take a predictable pattern and the rest of the players will pick their answer automatically. As this happens, it’s best to mix up the questions every now and then to keep things fresh.
WYR games are also great conversation starters that can help you learn more about the other players. The more risqué questions can often lead to deep conversations about values, life choices and personal interests. After all, each person’s option will be unique to them and can tell the rest of the players a lot about how they think.
It also helps break down barriers created by social norms, allowing you to open up and have some honest conversations with your group. And because each player is stuck in an unpleasant situation, you don’t have to worry about snarky comebacks or hurt feelings.
One of the best uses of dirty WYR questions is as a trust activity. This can be especially beneficial if you are working with a group of people who don’t yet know each other well. The nature of the game can help players open up and get over their initial hesitations.
Trust activities are especially important in professional contexts such as team buildings or as part of a training course. It can open the door to important conversations and collaborations between people who don’t know each other.
Dirty WYR questions can be unpredictable, outrageous and uncomfortable. They can provide an interesting and unexpected twist to the classic WYR game that we all know and love. Not only do they make for a daring and entertaining evening, but they can also be used to learn a little more about the other players. ‘Would You Rather’ games can also be used to help team members open up, be more comfortable and even trust each other. With our top ten list, you can now confidently start a dirty WYR game for any occasion.