Create a Juicy and Refreshing Watermelon Salad Recipe
Summertime calls for some amazingly delicious, light, and refreshing snacks or salads! While there are many cool snacks one can make this time of year, watermelons are a beautiful summer staple, and the main ingredient for this delectable watermelon salad recipe.
Watermelon salads all the rage in summertime; their juicy interiors mark their status as summer fruit royalty, but when combined with the savory and sweet flavors, watermelons pair well with more than just a melon ball scoop. With flavor and taste that everyone in the family – adults and children alike – can enjoy, this watermelon salad recipe is sure to be a star of the next family meal or outdoor barbecue.
Ingredients for the Watermelon Salad
Every recipe should start with the ingredients, and this one is no exception. Here is what you will need to create this cool and refreshing snack or side dish:
• 4 Cups of Cubed Watermelon – Seeded
• 1/3 Cup of Feta Cheese – Crumbled
• 1/2 Cup of Red Onion – Chopped
• 1/4 Cup of Fresh Mint Leaves – Chopped
• 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
• 1 Tablespoon of Vinegar – Any kind of your preference
• 1/4 Teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
• Salt and Pepper to taste
Instructions for Making the Watermelon
Making this delicious watermelon salad is a quick and easy affair. The steps are as follows:
Step 1: Mix the watermelon, feta cheese, red onion, and fresh mint in a large bowl.
Step 2: Combine the olive oil, vinegar, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper in a separate small bowl.
Step 3: Drizzle the olive oil mixture over the watermelon salad and mix gently to combine.
Step 4: Serve and enjoy!
Key Benefits of the Refreshing Watermelon Salad
This watermelon salad is light and delicious, making it a perfect treat for the whole family. Let’s take a look at the reasons why this is a great choice for summer:
• Quick and easy to make: This salad takes only a few minutes of prep and then you’re ready to enjoy.
• Refreshing: Watermelon salads are synonymous with cool refreshment.
• Good for you: Watermelons are low in calories and rich in antioxidants.
• Versatile: Enjoy this salad as a side dish, snack, light entree, or even over a bed of crisp lettuce.
Now you Know the Watermelon Salad Recipe – Let’s Look at Some Possible Variations
This recipe is a great way to enjoy a refreshing watermelon treat. However, why not spruce it up with a few variations here and there? Let’s look at a few possibilities:
• Add cucumbers: The addition of a few cubes of cucumber will add a little crunch.
• Swap out the vegetables: Don’t like red onion or fresh mint? Swap them out for other vegetables, such as tomatoes or fresh basil.
• Try different cheeses: Feta cheese is standard for watermelon salads, but if you’re feeling more adventurous, try out some goat cheese or blue cheese instead.
• Add some heat: Throwing in some jalapeno peppers or spicy chili flakes will up both the flavor and heat of your salad.
• Try sweet options: If you want to make this salad even more interesting, add some crumbled graham crackers or sweet coconut flakes.
With these easy variations, you will be able to create your own unique watermelon salad every time.
Watermelon salads are an amazing, light, and refreshing treat that can be enjoyed any time of year but taste especially divine in the summertime. Now that you have the basics of this watermelon salad recipe, have fun with it by making various combinations. This will always result in a unique and delicious treat and will become an instant family favorite!